Yesterday was my birthday and when I checked my email, I found a lovely birthday surprise… a blogger award!
From fellow blogger and July birthday gal KJ over at alwaystravelicious.com. Now, KJ did not know it was my birthday and, being in Malaysia, I didn’t think she would find out how magical her nomination was until July 15, her time. But she was still awake when my email arrived and that’s how we came to discover we share a birthday month as well as this beautiful award.
I am very honored to be considered an inspiring blogger. I am an inspired blogger too, inspired by the connections and friendships I have made with people all over the world. Inspired by what I have learned from your blogs and buoyed by sharing in the challenges as well as the joys of life. It is magic.
The Rules for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
1. Display Award Logo on Blog
2. Link back to the person who gave you the award
3. State 7 Things About Yourself
4. Nominate 15 Other Bloggers for this Award and Link Back to Them
5. Notify those bloggers you have nominated.
Seven Things About Myself
1. My favorite color is red, but I don’t wear much red and I gave up driving a red car. I do have red geraniums, though.
2. Speaking of geraniums, I’m not very good with plants, but some are easy to grow and that’s what I have: philodendron, a spider plant, a dracena and geraniums.
3. I remember a lot of my dreams and the seeds of what I think is my best writing comes to me from my dreams.
4. It took me four years of college to finally figure out that now that I didn’t live with my father, dishes would no longer magically get washed. I had to wash them. Every day!
5. Speaking of college, It took me four years to figure out that I didn’t have to eat Cheerios and Shredded Wheat any more and I bought Cap’n Crunch. Once I made it through the box, I went back to the stuff I was raised on.
6. I was once a waitress but not a very good one.
7. I’m on my third career.
And now for the most important part, of all the very inspiring blogs I follow, I would like to nominate these bloggers for the award (keeping in mind, it’s hard to choose just 15):
- Laurie Smith (check out the pictures of Australia right outside this writer’s window!)
- Brickhousechick at Swimming to my 50s. (A wonderful blogger I met through the most inspiring human ever, Susie Lindau, who I’m not nominating only because I’m concerned she might be too busy at the moment to handle the work load!)
- This blog, Sriram Janak Photography has inspired me to go to Africa, ASAP.
- Scott at Greenhouse Photos inspires me with his photography
- Brick Thomas makes me laugh while he takes me to interesting places around the world
- (Pre) concept is an amazing artist, check out her portfolio and be delighted by her photos of Portugal
- Love this man’s bucket list: The Rider
- David Pasillas, at iPhone Photographer, inspires me not only with his photos but with his generosity
- And cake. Who doesn’t like cake? Liz at My Favorite Pastime does a brilliant job inspiring me to take some time to bake and enjoy a cake with my friends.
- There’s a lot of joy to be found embedded in this blog: Northwest State of Mind
- I like these guys… they are doing something interesting! The American Male
- And I like these guys over at the Patrons of the Pit. I am quite charmed that they liked my recent vegetarian posts. That’s a link to making peach cobbler on a barbeque! Who knew?
- Ed Mooney at Ed Mooney Photography completely blows my mind with his photography and well-researched educational posts about Ireland.
- And I’ve come to rely upon PhotographyArtPlus for a daily smile from a daily flower macro photo.
- I am very inspired by the beautiful, informative, entertaining and moving children’s stories about veganism over at Violet’s Vegan e-Comics. Check out this story about Deidra.