Today is my one year anniversary of blogging. I set out on January 5th, 2013, in this very same chair in my library, and began blogging every day, with absolutely no idea what would happen.
Well among the things I didn’t anticipate, because I didn’t know they existed, were blogger awards! I received my first one within a month of blogging. I’m still emotional when I think about it. Each and every award is a beautiful gift and acknowledgment as are each and every “like” and comment.
November and December were award-rich months for me. Must have been the holiday season! I have been saving this treasure for my one year anniversary. Thank you, KidazzleInk for honoring me with this award.
The rules for receiving the Sisterhood of the World bloggers award are as follows.
1. Provide a link and thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
2. Answer 8-10 questions.
3. Nominate 10-12 blogs that you find a joy to read.
4. Provide links to these nominated blogs and kindly let the recipients know that they have been nominated.
5. Include the award logo within your blog post.
- Your favorite color – Red.
- Your favorite animal – Wolf.
- Facebook or Twitter. Facebook. I like that people care when I do or feel something. People on Facebook are supportive.
- Your favorite pattern – herringbone.
- Do you prefer getting or giving presents? Both.
- Your favorite number? Seven
- Your favorite day of the week? Saturday. Feels like free time stretches before me. I like to get together with friends on Saturday, or go to a writing meeting.
- Your favorite flower? Calla lily. I find them quite stunning and strong. The white ones, with the funnel shape and long yellow stamens. But I also love the hibiscus because it is delicate, very pretty and represents the tropics. Freesia, for its fragrance. Tulips, for their intense color and smooth texture. Roses, if they are fragrant. I think this is a good question for the sisterhood award. Why do women, in general, love flowers so much? I wonder if any nominee will choose just one! Feel free to make lists, for any question.
- What is your passion? Connecting, and writing. I’m not always sure which order. Blogging is a wonderful way to connect.
Because they were fun to answer, I’m continuing KiddazleInk’s questions for my own nominees.
I chose these nominees not only for their blogs, which I love to read, but also for their support:
- The funny, profound, and interesting, Cindy Knoke
- The youthful, full-of-life blogger whose intelligence floods her stream of consciousness posts, and whose support with my writing I deeply appreciate, Renxkyoko.
- The brilliant Paige of The Nice Thing about Strangers, who teaches the bumps and bruises of travel are really opportunities to connect.
- Alli Blair, whose beautiful blog celebrates the joy of travel. And food. And life.
- Leanne Cole, sister extraordinaire. Visual artist. Teacher. Friend. Check out what she does for other bloggers on her Introductions.
- Suz Jones of It Goes On, whose blog is so good and who also distinguishes herself as an example of supporting other bloggers.
- The vibrant and joyful traveler, Janaline’s World
- Lesley Carter of The Bucket List travels, who inspires me constantly with her sense of humor and love of the world. Check out her 30 Tested Adventures for your 2014 Bucket List.
- The brilliant writer and blogger, Susie Lindau. Check out her latest Use me and Abuse me post. They are fun.
- The wonderful photographer, blogger, gardener and person, Gwennie of Gwennie’s Garden.