I thought I’d never sell our house. We live in a great place and have put in a lot of sweat equity to make it the way we like it. But we are moving to San Diego so we can kayak every day. We stayed there for a month in April and loved it, even including living in tight quarters.
I almost can’t believe I’m doing it, but it has been a process of exploring this idea. To my surprise I’ve come to the point that I’m not only willing but excited to move. Here are five reasons that weighed in favor of making this move.
- A house is a lot to take care of and that maintenance time instead could be going into fun activities we enjoy together.
- Less maintenance, more time writing.
- A community with a lot of retirees where it’s easy to make friends.
- We’ll be closer to our son and daughter-in-law.
- Lots of outdoor activity, better health and hopefully a longer life!
How about you? Have you moved after retirement or do you plan to? Know any friends who’ve moved?