Note: My brother died of suicide a little less than two years ago. The man in these photos was one of his best friends. That makes us suicide survivors. This post is dedicated to suicide survivors everywhere and is intended to show you that you can feel good again. It takes love to get there. Let it in.
Note: All quotes in this post are things my friend said today.
Squaw Valley, USA, January 9, 2013:
Temp: cold. Windy, storm coming in from Alaska.
- Lift: KT22; Run: Horse Trails.
- Lift: Headwall, closed, wind hold.
- Lift: Funitel, ride to the top, meet another local. Friend introduces me as late brother’s sister.
- Lift: Shirley Lake; Run: tree runs on the main slope (multiple). Sweet.
- Lift: Broken Arrow, CLOSED:
- Quote: “I thank [Nia’s late brother] every day for giving me this friendship with you.”
- Quote: “You can’t be creative unless your spirit is at peace.
Being out here with you puts my spirit at peace.”